Monday, December 26, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Best 2016 Releases

It's that time of year to round up all the favorites! I can't believe 2017 is almost here. Also, by the way, I only picked nine releases this year!


1. A Court of Mist and Fury  
Yes, I'm tired of hearing myself talk about it too. To recap: 5 stars of amazingness, magic, fae, courts, Rhysand, wings, painting, and power. I am ready for ACOWAR. 

2. Empire of Storms
I finally finished this baby over winter break! I'll have a whole post up soon (hopefully!) talking about this beauty. Sarah J. Maas killed me in this one. 

3. My Lady Jane 
I really want to reread this one. It's funny, adventurous, and creative. I SO love when authors mess with history. Here are five reasons to pick My Lady Jane up


4. A Torch Against The Night 
I finally read An Ember In The Ashes and, after surprisingly falling in love, I immediately picked up the sequel. ATATN did not disappoint. Sabaa Tahir is a talented writer and her dark, fierce, beautiful storytelling captivated me. Laia, Elias, and Helene are such amazing characters. 

5. The Diabolic
I read this on a plane and I was glued to it's pages the entire flight! Nemesis is one of my favorite characters ever and I loved the political intrigue, powerful relationships, and action in space. Kincaid just recently announced sequels! 

6. The Long Game
Jennifer Barnes' Fixer series is so underrated. This sequel was twisty, and all my ships kind of fell to pieces, and everything was horrible and I still loved it so much. Politics and scandal abound. Go read this so I can have a third book!! I NEED to know what happens next. Here is my review for The Long Game


7. The Butterfly Garden
This was a disturbing, terrifying thriller that I picked up after reading Emily May's review on Goodreads. It was not my normal read, but the Butterfly Garden kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time with it's dark case and surprising twists and turns. 

8. It Ends With Us
I haven't always been successful with Colleen Hoover in the past. It Ends With Us, however, blew me away. I cried and laughed and smiled and cried some more. The author was brave to write this novel, there is no doubt. 

9. Rebel of the Sands 
This was one of my more recent reads and I am still so in love. I feel like this book is a mix of Tamora Piece and An Ember in the Ashes? Does that make sense? Jin and Amani are adorable, plus there is so much lady power. Here are 5 reasons to read Rebel of the Sands. 



What were your favorite books of 2016? Have you read any on my list? Are any on your TBR?

Thanks for stopping by! 

 Post Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment