Monday, December 19, 2016

5 Reasons to Read Rebel of the Sands

Over Thanksgiving Break, I read devoured Rebel of the Sands in a matter of days. So, without further ado, here are five reasons to pick up this book:

1. Amani- and all the girl power
Our main character, Amani Al'Hiza, is one of those characters I couldn't help but root for from the beginning. She is tough, smart, and a sharpshooter. Amani's voice is both gritty and real. How could you not love a character with the nickname The Blue-eyed Bandit?

2. Jin- everyone's favorite fugitive
Jin was another amazing character. I loved every run-in with him, as excitement always followed. I loved seeing him and Amani grow close and I can't wait to see more of them together!

3. The desert and all its surprises 
First of all, the desert seems to live and breathe in this book. It is so vividly described and you can see how it is such a part of Amani. And, the best part, is that mythological creatures roam the desert. All of the mythology in Rebel of the Sands was incredibly well developed.

4. Guns! Shooting! Adventure!  
I was surprised and impressed by Alwyn Hamilton's affinity for action scenes. There is never a dull moment and I loved Amani's ability with a gun. The fight and on-the-run scenes were always fraught with tension.

5. The ending- I'm ready for book two 
After some amazing reveals and twists, I am ready for everything to go down in Traitor to the Throne. (Although I am a bit disappointed by the cover change... Rebel of the Sands is SO BEAUTIFUL and I would have loved the second book to match. *sigh*)

Overall, I cannot recommend Rebel of the Sands enough. You will want to get on board with this new, exciting series!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment