Sunday, October 11, 2015

Non YA Reviews: Bend Your Brain, The Thug Kitchen, and Hope in Ballet Shoe

Received for review from Blogging for Books. All opinions are honest and my own! Yeah, this is a strange one! However,  I wanted to try out this blogger's reviewing site and none of the fiction interested me :)                                  

I had a lot of fun flipping through the pages and testing my brain! There were five main sections, my favorites being Coordination and Visual Perception. As soon as I got it, I got to work solving... and I can imagine this book would be great for car rides and any time you're bored in public. Or, just challenge yourself to a few pages every night before bed.         
Also, Bend Your Brain was very witty and funny at times, and the problems were very clever. My dad and I had fun challenging each other. I wasn't so impressed with this book that I would consider buying more books like it, but I did enjoy stretching my brain and I feel very sophisticated having it on my shelf!



I bought this book... and I have no regrets. Thug Kitchen is hilarious with delicious looking recipes! I'm not even vegan, but I'm immensely loving this cookbook. My friend and I laughed so hard while flipping through the pages... Warning: there is profanity. 


I first saw Michaela DePrince in the documentary, First Position. Then, while in London, I came upon this book! The book was inspiring and had me rooting for Michaela the entire time. Her childhood was unimaginable... but she overcame the bad and became a dancer. I especially loved how one magazine cover started her dream!

Any dancers or fans of inspirational, true stories will love this novel to pieces.

I hope you enjoyed these Non-YA Reviews!



 Post Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment