Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Waiting On Wednesday #37

Hosted by Breaking the Spine

Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard
Publication Date: March 26th, 2015
Genre: YA Fantasy
Mare Barrow’s world is divided by blood—those with red and those with silver. Mare and her family are lowly Reds, destined to serve the Silver elite whose supernatural abilities make them nearly gods. Mare steals what she can to help her family survive, but when her best friend is conscripted into the army, she gambles everything to win his freedom. A twist of fate leads her to the royal palace itself where, in front of the king and all his nobles, she discovers a superhuman ability she didn’t know she had.

Except . . . her blood is Red.

To hide this impossibility, the king forces her into the role of a lost Silver princess and betroths her to one of his own sons. As Mare is drawn further into the Silver world, she risks her new position to aid the Scarlet Guard—the leaders of a budding Red rebellion. Her actions put into motion a deadly and violent dance, pitting prince against prince and Mare against her own heart. 
Not only is this cover gorgeous, the synopsis is right up my alley. Supernatural abilities, royal palaces, and rebellions. Sounds intriguing! However, I simply can't believe I have to wait so long to read Red Queen! March 2015 is forever away!
 Post Signature

13 comments:

  1. Great choice! I have been seeing this one around quite often lately so I know that quite a lot of people are excited for its release. I think it sounds pretty good and I am in LOVE with the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How have I NOT heard of this one?! I just read the synopsis, and it sounds freaking amazing!!! Great pick. :)

    Holly @ Part of that World

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...this just blew my mind! The cover is gorgeous and not your usual YA design. I really hope I get to read this.

    My WOW          

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOooh intriguing! Love the cover! Might have to look into this one!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That synopsis. That cover. I am sold.
    Thanks for sharing this one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The synopsis for this one sounds so terrific and good. I really hadn't heard of this one till now.

    Grace
    Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just saw this book for the first time on another WOW. It sounds like a great book.
    What I'm waiting and wishing for...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, first time seeing this so I'm just going to stare at that cover for a while, okay? WHY 2015! WHY WHY WHY WHY? >:(! Dammit.

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just recently found out about this one as well and I couldn't agree with your choice more! :) It sounds like it'll be an amazing read. But March 2015?! WHY?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww March 2015?? Too long! This book sounds fantastic! I'm all about a good rebellion story and a little bit a of magic makes every book better (:

    --Katie at Paperback Planes

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for showing this book - Sounds amazing! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've been seeing this one a lot. I'm going to have to check this one out. Thanks for sharing. Here's my Waiting on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  13. YES ^^ I actually just discovered this one myself yesterday and I have been pining for it ever since :D Like you, I think it sounds right up my alley!! How will we ever make it till March for this pretty?! Fantastic pick ^^ hopefully we both get our hands on this one soon!!

    Micheline @ Lunar Rainbows Reviews

    ReplyDelete