Thursday, January 3, 2013

Review: Pushing the Limits

Pushing the Limits really caught me off guard. After seeing the kissy cover and paying only $2.99 for it on my iPad, I expected it to be a really romantic, swoony read, nothing else. I had heard it was good, but had not bargained for anything beyond a nice romance.

Well, what do you know? I was swe
pt off my feet by the emotional, realistic, heart gripping story of Echo and Noah. I just bought the hardcover today. Yeah, it is that great. Sooo much more than a romance.

Goodreads Synopsis: No one knows what happened the night Echo Emerson went from popular girl with jock boyfriend to gossip
ed-about outsider with "freaky" scars on her arms. Even Echo can't remember the whole truth of that horrible night. All she knows is that she wants everything to go back to normal. But when Noah Hutchins, the smoking-hot, girl-using loner in the black leather jacket, explodes into her life with his tough attitude and surprising understanding, Echo's world shifts in ways she could never have imagined. They should have nothing in common. And with the secrets they both keep, being together is pretty much impossible.

Yet the crazy attraction between them refuses to go away. And Echo has to ask herself just how far they can push the limits and what she'll risk for the one guy who might teach her how to love again.


The book starts with Echo and her family talking to her therapist, Mrs. Collins. Quite honestly, I loved Mrs. Collins. She was really the one good, caring adult that shines in this book. Even though Echo and Noah sometimes hated her. (Although no one can blame them. I wouldn't want my life meddled in either.)

Echo's family is torn apart. Her Dad put her stepmom above everything, even Echo. Echo's brother is dead, and she isn't allowed to see her mother. Mt heart tore for her.

Noah is a foster kid who has been separated from his brothers. All he wants is to get them back. 
I didn't expect Noah to be so sweet. Really. But he truly does care for and love his brothers and friends.

Echo just wants to find out what happened the night she was dreadfully hurt, the night she got her scars. She and Noah end up working together to try to achieve their goals. 

And they both want to feel love again.

I cannot tell you how much this book touched me

5/5 bookcases




No comments:

Post a Comment