Thursday, January 10, 2013

Mini Review: Anna and the French Kiss

Anna and the French Kiss is a must read!
I haven't laughed this much in ages! Really, I just finished this book 5 minutes ago and I am still smiling.


Goodreads Synopsis: Anna is looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. Which is why she is less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris--until she meets Étienne St. Clair. Smart, charming,beautiful, Étienne has it all...including a serious girlfriend. But in the City of Light, wishes have a way of coming true. Will a year of romantic near-misses end with their long-awaited French kiss?

An amazingly real, sweet, funny main character makes for a great book. Why?  1) They are interesting and entertaining and 2) you actually care about what happens to them! Anna is amazing. I mean it. I love how she is scared to go out to Paris at first because she can't speak French and is american. 


And Etienne is, if possible, better. And he and Anna just click, issuing a lot of laugh out loud moments. Especially since Anna has a lot of spunk ("Fine, freeze to death, see if I care") All the characters are well thought out from mean fathers to sweet friends.

Now, I really want to go to a boarding school in Paris. Doesn't it sound fun?


This book also shows serious problems realistically. From cancer to trouble between friends to family drama.


I REALLY love this book. I can't wait to read Lola and the Boy Next Door by the same author!


5/5 bookcases!



No comments:

Post a Comment